Today was a crappy day.
- I had to go get blood drawn for an endocrinologist apppointment next week. Despite being right next to Nordstrom, where they were holding a shirt for me that I'd forgotten while shopping there the previous weekend, I couldn't pick it up because they weren't open yet.
- Nikolai sent a picture of me from college around the office. I didn't look that great at the time, and the picture (from 15-251) wasn't great even taking that into account. Truc was asking about it and I snapped at her, then told her to shut up when she kept asking. (Truc is totally oblivious socially.) Later she asked why I had snapped, but I ignored the question because I couldn't think of a reasonable way to explain it.
- The stocks I hold were down about 1%, I think because the Fed announced that they might raise or lower interest rates. Which is what I always thought they had said, but the market interpreted things differently. I hadn't wanted to sell though, due in large part to not wanting to pay short-term capital gains tax.
- Later in the afternoon we found out that Truc is leaving and her last day will probably be next Friday. This was a surprise since she had previously said that if Carlson made her a full-time offer (she's been contracting) she would probably take it.
- Got basically nothing done at work. Just never managed to make myself concentrate.
- After work, went to Nordstrom and finally picked up the shirt. Stopped at Borders on the way to Supercuts to pick up a Rolling Stone that Charlie had recommended because of a Hugh Laurie interview, but the only Rolling Stone I saw didn't have it. Probably waited too long on the tip.
- Got a haircut that's way shorter than I wanted. The guy was Hispanic and I don't think he understood what I was asking for, and I didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late. I didn't think he would understand if I explained, and in any case he couldn't have put hair back, so I just had him clean it up as much as possible given the shortness.
- And there's one more bad thing that I think will probably happen today, which I don't want to mention.
In other, non-crappy news, my car has over 250,000 miles now, and I'm visiting Laura this weekend.