1. So its been what, 4 months now? How do you feel about the makeover in retrospect now?
Well, I don't stick to the clothing rules all that strictly, because a lot of the time it seems like there isn't much of a point. I do have a wardrobe which gives me a certain amount of selection, though, and I know how to coordinate for a party or whatever, so that's good.
I'm probably due for at least a trim on the hair, but it's a lot better maintained now, I have to admit. And I've kept to the shaved areas of the beard, though I only do the bottom part with the beard trimmer (with no guard) and only once a week, because shaving it irritates the skin too much. The new beard style makes me look a little younger and a lot less … scary, honestly.
Overall, I can't say that the makeover changed my entire life, but it was a good experience because it kicked me out of a rut, and I think the new rut I've fallen into is somewhat higher terrain. :-)
2. Pick a color... and color... and a number... ok, what are they? Why?
Blue, white, 8. Blue used to be my favorite color, white is one of my favorites as well, possibly my favorite now (my first website had white text on a blue background), and 8 used to be my favorite number and was the first thing that came to mind.
3. You are condemned to spend 5 years in solitary confinement. No communication with the outside world. You get to bring five things with you to pass that time, so long as it doesn't allow you access to the outside world, and its not a companion to make it not solitary. What do you bring?
I'm going to assume that the point of this question is the social isolation, and thus, that all of my actual needs are taken care of. I think I would bring:
- Laura (my computer) and hope she doesn't break
- My stuffed cat Spice (I'd like to bring more stuffed animals, but if I get only 1, that would be it)
- The jade plant my friend Charlie gave me
- The ring Ratha's having made for me from a mold of the ring I found on the ground in Catskill, NY
- A digital camcorder
Hmm, 5 years is a long time. I wonder if I'd still be sane at the end of it. Probably not.
4.Who is your favorite muppet? Why?
Kermit, because he's one of the few I can remember, and because he was on Sesame Street.
5. Who are the 5 most attractive celebrities (movie stars, singers, writers, whatever...) and why?
Jeez, I'm sure I can remember 5 celebrities if I try, but I'm not sure I can remember 5 who are more attractive than the most attractive person I see on any random day just walking to/from lunch.
I just looked through Askmen.com's “Top 99 Most Desirable Women in the World” (yes, the whole list), and here are the ones that seemed attractive beyond a bare minimum level:
- Cindy Margolis
- Jules Asner
- Katie Holmes *
- Ana Beatriz Barros
- Lucy Liu *
- Michelle Pfeiffer *
- Kristin Kreuk
- Jennifer Aniston *
- Natalie Portman *
- Shania Twain *
Of course, this is based mostly off of a single (often surprisingly unflattering) picture. “*” means I've actually heard of the person before looking through this list.
Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Lacey Chabert used to be really hot, but they're both kind of slutty now, I think.
As far as men, I have no idea, and I don't feel like looking through a list of 100 of them. Honestly, I'm tempted to just answer whoever plays Brenda on Six Feet Under, not because I think she's the hottest person in the world, but because she's attractive enough and her character is someone I'd find attractive were she a real person.
I'll interview anyone who wants one. Post a comment if so.